Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Communities are composed of the core, which are the people and eight subsystems. A community assessment typically starts with a windshield survey where each of the eight community subsystems are explored. This assignment is focused on helping health professional students explore the relationship of safety and transportation to determinants of health. Mayor Franklin Hill has information about safety and transportation in Sentinel City®. Officer Cooper in Acer Tech has information about neighborhood crime rates.
1. Identify safety and transportation features in a specific community
2. Describe how safety and transportation is related to a specific determinant of health
3. Describe the health impact of positive and negative characteristics of a community
4. Use current literature to provide rationale for determinant of health identified related to safety and transportation
1. Review the following resources:
a. Course textbook and/or other assigned readings
b. Determinants of Health
c. Review Table 4 from the FBI 2016 Crime in the United States report at https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/preliminary-report/home
2. Meet with Mayor Hill and Officer Cooper to discuss safety and transportation as well as neighborhood crime rates.
3. Enter Sentinel City® and begin the bus tour.
4. As you tour the city, note anything in the assigned neighborhood or entire city related to safety and transportation.
5. Address each of the features in the far-left column and add two additional features. Fill in the each of the remaining columns.
6. For questions, contact your instructor.
|Subsystem: Safety & Transportation|
|Safety||Observed/Not Observed||Neighborhood||Relationship to Social Determinants of Health||Evidence-Based Rationale (How Safety Impacts Health) Citations here Reference on the page below|
|Signs of Criminal Activity
|Crime Rate Comparisons
Compare the crime rates in Sentinel City® with the crime rates for a city of similar size in your home state, and with national crime rates. Use Table 4 data from the FBI 2016 Crime in the United States semi-annual report to find crime rates for your selected city at https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/preliminary-report/home
Note: You are comparing Sentinel City by community with a comparable city in your state. Don’t get stuck in the numbers. See the learning objective #4 above.
|Sentinel City® Crime Rate by Neighborhood: Talk to the officer at City Hall.||Crime Rate for City in Your Home State|
|Transportation||Observed/Not Observed||Neighborhood||Relationship to Social Determinants of Health||Evidence-Based Rationale (How Safety Impacts Health)
Citations here Reference on the page below
|Fire Station/Fire Hydrants
|Location of Bus Stops
AACN Public Health Essentials
This assignment addresses the following AACN Public Health Essentials:
· Essential II: Basic Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Care and Patient Safety
· Apply systems theory to PHN practice with individuals, families, and groups.
· Essential III: Essential III: Scholarship for Evidence-Based Practice
· Use epidemiologic data and the ecological perspective to identify health risks for a population.
· Essential VII: Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Optimizing Health
· Practice evidence-based public health nursing to promote the health of individuals, families, and groups.
· Essential IX: Baccalaureate Generalist Nursing Practice
· Use basic descriptive epidemiological methods when conducting a health assessment for individuals, families, and groups.