This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 1: Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high-quality nursing care, healthcare team management, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings. (PO 2)
- CO 7: Apply leadership concepts in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystems and system-wide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery. (POs 2 and 3)
Download the Week 2 Self-Assessment of the AACN Essentials (Links to an external site.) Follow the directions on the form. Note your total score. Next, review this article:
Kramer, M., Schmalenberg, C., Maguire, P., Brewer, B., Burke, R., Chmielewski, L., … Meeks-Sjostrom, D. (2009). Walk the talk: Promoting control of nursing practice and a patient-centered culture. Critical Care Nurse, 29(3), 77–93. https://chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edswsc&AN=000266533800011&site=eds-live&scope=site (Links to an external site.)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
After you have completed your self-assessment, answer the following questions:
- Describe the relationship between the AACN Essentials and your new-found knowledge about Patient Centered Care. Are there opportunities for you to improve?
- Essential VIII: Professionalism and Professional Values discusses professional standards of moral, ethical, and legal conduct. Review the Professional Integrity Module-Academics and Practice at the beginning of the course (the first module). Then reflect on your own beliefs and values as they relate to professional nursing practice.
- Discuss implications of professional nursing integrity and academic integrity.