How do you know if a pension is over or underfunded? What are the repercussions of over or underfunding?
105 Principles of Management)
First, think of an incident of business fraud or scandal in the news, or choose one that has been mentioned in your reading. Research the scandal, paying close attention to how it was possible for whatever went wrong to happen.
In your post, specify the scandal you chose, and you MUST include in your post citations to the sources where you have conducted your research.
Then respond to ALL of the following questions in your initial post:
- Were there controls in place that should have prevented the scandal or fraud from happening? Cite from this week’s reading materials those used as well as those not.
- Explain what types of controls existed using the terminology in your reading (feedback, proactive, concurrent, strategic, operational, tactical, top-down, objective, normative, financial, nonfinancial), and how they were used.
- Why do you think the controls you selected as ineffective, were ineffective?
- Why do you think the business didn’t have sufficient controls in place?
- What was management’s role in the failure of the controls?
Unit 8.1 Discussion: The Americas (HIS101 World Civilization)
Compare the rise of civilizations in Mesoamerica and Andean South America. How are they similar to the ancient civilizations of Mesopotamia, Egypt, the Indus River Valley, and the Yellow River Valley? Why do you think civilizations which developed halfway across the world exhibit similarities? How are they different? Are there specific reasons why differences exist? When responding to your classmates, include new, additional research to support or disprove their position. Make sure to use proper APA format for all citations provided and include a reference list for the citations you use.
Unit 8.2 Discussion: Course Reflection (HIS101 World Civilization)
After having the opportunity to complete the course, what would you change and why? What topic particularly caught your interest and what do you want to know more about? Last, but not least, if you could share with the next class one piece of advice about this class, what would it be? Please note that this pertains to the class, the materials, flow/organization, etc.
Unit 8 Discussion: Planning for Global Marketing (MKT200 Principles of Marketing)
It’s common for well known B2C brands to engage in public-facing activities which promote the brand’s commitment to social responsibility. The intention is to leverage the brand’s ethical and socially consciousness.
Simulated Business Scenario
Toyota senior management has been meeting in Tokyo, Japan to devise a global marketing campaign centered on social responsibility. To this end, Toyota decided to hire a consultancy to develop a 9-month plan ending December 31, 2021. Management has asked for a presentation for an initial list of items that would be considered valid elements of a social responsibility marketing plan that would accommodate all the markets that Toyota competes in.
What type of research would the consultancy conduct to understand each of the wide variety of cultures that the brand competes in? Armed with this researched information, how might the consultancy modify their social responsibility campaigns to accommodate some of the major markets?
Unit 8 Discussion: Sociocultural Factors (PSY102 Fundamentals of Psychology II)
For this forum, you only need to make a main post by Tuesday at 11:59 PM. Reply posts are not required for this forum.
Choose one area of psychology (e.g., perception, ideas about consciousness, memory, emotions, and health psychology).
- Discuss how sociocultural factors might impact psychological processes and behavior.
- Share real-life examples of how your culture may have influenced your psychological development.
Unit 8.1 DB: Culture, Race, and Ethnicity (PSY201 Child Development)
In reflecting on your own child development, consider the ways your culture, race, and ethnicity affected you.
In your opinion, why is it is important for professionals working in child development fields to develop cultural competence to best understand, support, and advocate for children of diverse backgrounds? Include a definition and your understanding of cultural competence. Support your viewpoint with at least three findings from scholarly research. Research findings may relate to cultural values, beliefs, and traditions, family language(s), Socioeconomic status (SES), poverty, immigration, prejudice, discrimination, education, or a relevant topic of your choice.
Pretend you are a Psychologist consulting on child development policymaking. Name two recommendations you would make regarding priorities and strategies for advancing equity for children of diverse backgrounds.
Submit your initial post by Tuesday at 11:59 p.m., EST
Which do you think a company prefers: an operating lease or a capital lease?
What is the difference between monetary and non-monetary items? How does inflation impact each of these?
A large retail company wants to determine which investment project it should invest in. Since you are the vice president of the company, you have been asked to analyze these two projects and report back to the board of directors regarding which of these two projects the company should undertake. Project A has an initial investment cost of $42,000. This project is expected to produce $9,450 in net cash flows each year for 7 years. Project B has an initial investment cost of $36,750 with an expected net cash flow of $7,875 per year for 5 years. Both investments have a 10% cost of capital.
- What is each project’s NPV?
- What is each project’s IRR?
- What is the payback period for each project?
- Which investment project do you recommend for your company? Be sure to explain why you arrived at the decision that you did.
—PLEASE USE THE RESOURCES —
***** Key Point of Lesson 1
- Net present value (NPV) is considered the ideal capital budget decision-making tool managers can use for making an investment decision on a project because it takes into consideration the time value of money and the maximizing of intrinsic value. This lesson also covers how to calculate NPV.*****
***** Key Point of Lesson 2
- The IRR is yet another common tool used by managers to assess an investment. The IRR is basically the rate of return that makes the NPV of all cash flows from a project equal zero. This lesson defines and explains IRR and how to calculate it.*****
Key Point of Lesson 3
- One of the simplest investment decision-making tools used by management to determine whether or not to invest in an investment project is the payback period. It allows you to use the time period needed to recover the cost of a project when making a capital budgeting decision. This module explains the payback period and how to calculate it.
Most companies do their accounting with computer software programs. Research a technical computer or accounting or business magazine for their most current list of the best accounting software programs. Describe and compare their top four programs for their features, advantages/disadvantages, and costs. Which one would you use if you were starting a small retail store and why?
Dress-for-Success, Inc. is a successful C Corporation in its sixth year of business and already has $5 million gross sales. The company sells and automatically ships gently used clothing items to online customers. It collects the monthly fixed fee at the beginning of each month and ships one item each week. The owner, Linda Smith, does not see any reason to follow GAAP accounting principles. The company is not publicly traded but does put the financial statements on the company’s Web page for customers to see. Research this issue and answer the following:
- Explain how Dress-for-Success is accounting for the transactions under the cash basis method and how she should account for them if she did follow GAAP.
- Should Dress-for-Success, Inc. use GAAP? Why or why not?
- Are there any ethical issues in this situation? Explain.
You own an automobile parts company and have been approached by a leading car manufacturer to supply parts to the company. How would you determine that the car manufacturer has a good record of servicing sales and paying its suppliers? What are the signs you would look out for in the financial statements for the possibility of bad debts? What are the advantages and disadvantages of allowing customers to make purchases on credit?
Inventory is a critical asset for retailers. Retail firms are at risk that their inventory will become obsolete.
- What does obsolete mean?
- Talk with a local retailer in your area and tell us about what they say they do to minimize this risk?
- Describe how they should account for the loss from that obsolescence.
Your boss wants you to make a presentation on your team effectiveness report (completed in Week 3) to the management team including your chief executive officer.
Using the South University Online Library research how to create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. Based on your research, create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that satisfies the following parameters:
- The presentation demonstrates an understanding of its purpose and its audience.
- The presentation has an effective introduction, body, and conclusion.
- The presentation follows the appropriate parts of the 10/20/30 rule.
- The template used for the presentation is appropriate for the audience and the message in terms of text, color, artwork, and graphics.
- The presentation slides demonstrate an appropriate use of graphics and artwork.
- Speaker notes are provided.
- Materials are correctly cited and the final page lists the references correctly.
Final Exam – Word CGS1030
This is where you put to use what you’ve learned.
1. Develop a flyer advertising a concert on the Beach for the end of Summer
a. You decide what information is needed b. DO NOT mention COVID Pandemic
2. You must use WORD ART for the title of the flyer.
a. You choose your title
3. Include all necessary information – where, when, how, etc. a. Make up this information b. Keep it short and simple but accurate
4. The following elements MUST ALSO BE INCLUDED:
a. Images (a minimum of 2) b. Modify the Images
i. Add effects ii. Borders….
c. At least 1 Text Box d. Page Border e. Footer
i. must include your name and student ID f. Must fit on 1 page g. Page Properties
i. Your Name ii. SUBJECT: CGS1030-SumB iii. Tags/Keywords (minimum of 3 separated by
5. Save your flyer as yourname_Q2
Be Creative !!!!