Community Health Assessment / Windshield Survey
A community health assessment (sometimes called a CHA), also known as community health needs assessment (sometimes called a CHNA), refers to a state, tribal, local, or territorial health assessment that identifies key health needs and issues through systematic, comprehensive data collection and analysis. Community health assessments use such principles as
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Multisector collaborations that support shared ownership of all phases of community health improvement, including assessment, planning, investment, implementation, and evaluation
- Proactive, broad, and diverse community engagement to improve results
- A definition of community that encompasses both a significant enough area to allow for population-wide interventions and measurable results, and includes a targeted focus to address disparities among subpopulations
- Maximum transparency to improve community engagement and accountability
- Use of evidence-based interventions and encouragement of innovative practices with a thorough evaluation
- Evaluation to inform a continuous improvement process
- Use of the highest quality data pooled from and shared among, diverse public and private sources
(Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/publichealthgateway/cha/plan.html)
“A windshield survey is an informal method used by community health nurses to obtain basic knowledge about a given community. It provides a subjective view of the various physical characteristics of a communal area as observed while driving or walking through a neighborhood.
As stated in the syllabus please present your assignment in an APA format word document, Arial 12 font attached to the forum in the discussion board title “Week 1 discussion questions”. A minimum of 2 evidence-based references is required (not counting the class textbook) no older than 5 years. A minimum of 1000 words are required. Make sure the assessment is based in the community where you live. I don’t want community health assessment from other communities, once again it must be from the community you live. Please mention the zip code of your community on the first page of the assignment.
Please follow the instructions given in the syllabus Discussion Question (DQ) Participation Guidelines” and “Discussion Question (DQ) Submission Guidelines.