Assignment: Experiential Versus Narrative Family Therapies
Although experiential therapy and narrative therapy are both used in family therapy, these therapeutic approaches have many differences in theory and application. As you assess families and develop treatment plans, you must consider these differences and their potential impact on clients. For this Assignment, you compare Experiential and Narrative Family Therapy.Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay onExperiential Versus Narrative Family Therapies
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Compare experiential family therapy to narrative family therapy
· Justify recommendations for family therapy
· Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide on experiential and family therapies.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, address the following:
· Summarize the key points of both experiential family therapy and narrative family therapy.
· Compare experiential family therapy to narrative family therapy, noting the strengths and weakness of each.
· Provide a description of a family that you think experiential family therapy would be appropriate, explain why, and justify your response using the Learning Resources.
Note: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references.
Part 2: Family Genogram
Develop a genogram for the client family you selected. The genogram should extend back at least three generations (parents, grandparents, and great grandparents).
Required Readings( need 3 references).
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- Standard 5B “Health Teaching and Health Promotion” (pages 55-56)
Nichols, M., & Davis, S. D. (2020). The essentials of family therapy (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 7, “Experiential Family Therapy” (pp. 105-118
- Chapter 12, “Narrative Therapy” (pp. 189-201)
Saltzman, W. R., Pynoos, R. S., Lester, P., Layne, C. M., & Beardslee, W. R. (2013). Enhancing family resilience through family narrative co-construction. Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 16(3), 294-310. doi:10.1007/s10567-013-0142-2
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice. New York, NY: Springer.