1. From the list below, choose one pathology case from the list of New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) case studies.
2. One study case, two peer-reviewed journal articles (within the past 5 years) and another case study with two peer-reviewed journal articles (within the past 5 years)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
3. Read the case and develop a question not answered directly in the case. For example, if the case mentions that obesity is a risk factor for developing cardiac disease, your question might be, “How does obesity contribute to the development of cardiac disease?”
4. Search for at least two peer-reviewed journal articles that address your question.
5. Complete the assignment by drawing a conclusion about your hypothesis based on your research.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE ASSIGNMENT GUIDELINE:
For the assignment, you will choose one pathology case from the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) list.
You will read, develop an unanswered question, research, and draw a conclusion based on your research.
Your papers should be 6- to –8 pages long, and include a clear, well-organized, and articulate discussion in relation to your chosen NEJM pathology case. Structure your papers following APA (6th edition); that includes a title page, a table of contents page, an introduction, headings, and subheadings that reflect the components and the subcomponents of the assignment, conclusion, and references.
As per APA requirements, your papers should be double-spaced, 1”°margins, in 12-point Times New Roman font.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning – misuse is strictly forbidden.
Essay on Case Study
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Case study from Njem 4
Prevention and treatment 7
Introduction: 150 – 200 words
In the case study titled “The eyes have it “ by Baudendistil et al (2012),]pg 938-943], the patient has been described as an elderly gentleman of 69 years who was presented to the emergency department about 2 hours after he was awake and had slurred speech .The symptoms initially appeared to be of focal neurologic deficit that was coupled with the possibility of acute stroke ,it appeared that that a thrombolytic therapy would be mostly appropriate. Slurred speech symptoms occur form a variety of causes attributed to the nervous system like lesions of the cortex, subsortex, brain stem, cerebellum along with the cranial nerves or even muscles controlling the speech. It can be due to basilar artery thrombosis etc. Numerous tests were performed on these lines, but the reports failed to conclusively point out to the desired outcome. The exact to typical symptoms of botulism were not expressed optimally by the patient and this particular case required a whole lot of examinations and differentiations to rule out tempting possibilities and select the most relevant diagnosis to identify the cause of the conditions.(193 words)
Question: 20 – 35 words
As has emerged from the case that Clostridium botulinum is the causative agent of the condition, so .how does the toxin act in the body to produce such symptoms? (28words)
Hypothesis: 15 – 25 words
As the action of the toxin interferes with…