Grammar review practice
Find the errors in the following sentences and write the corrected versions below them.
1. Every person is different and so is every job, you have to look at both what you want and what they job requires.
(Commas, Comma Splices)
2. If your looking for a job where you can make a positive impact in someone counseling is the job for you.
3. i have also learned a lot such as, helping with personal problems, knowing when medications are given, their eating habits, etc.
(Capitalization, Commas, Parallelism)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
4. All in all, this is a great career in which you have the freedom to do almost anything you please. Which is something that many people inspire to and so do I.
5. There are several criterias like: salary, demanding, stress level, job satisfaction, and etc.
6. There was a comment my interviewee made, she said he once worked all night, and still made an early appointment the next day.
(Comma Splices, Commas)
7. With all the good their always has to be some bad, there still can be some slight disadvantages to such a rewarding occupation.
(Commas, Comma splices,)
8. While interviewing him, Mr. Cowell said it’s important to me to be able to help people.
(Misplaced Modifiers, Pronoun/Antecedent Agreement)
9. In america its too soon to say there ought to be a minimum wage at 15 dollars.
10. A career path that is well known to have such stressful workloads and hectic schedules at times, are usually compensated greatly with awesome benefits for handling their jobs so well despite the chaotic moments.
(Subject-Verb Agreement, Commas, Pronoun Reference)
– Write an MLA Works Cited entry for a video on Youtube uploaded by Jerry Chen on Jan. 27, 2015, called “Alan Watts – What Do You Desire?”
– Write an MLA Works Cited entry for a TED Talk by Sara Seager called “The search for planets beyond our solar system.” It was recorded in March 2015.