Health History Assessment and Physical Assessment
Using the following subjective and objective components, as well as your textbook for explicit details about each category, complete a health history and physical examination on an individual. You may choose to complete portions of this assignment as you obtain the health history and perform the physical examination associated with the body systems covered
Please be sure to avoid the use of any identifiers in preparing the assignment. Students may seek input from the course instructor on securing an individual for this assignment. Keep notes on each part of the health history and physical examination as you complete them so that you can refer to the notes as you write the paper.
1. Subjective Data—Health History Components to Be Included
• Demographic data
• Reason for care (why they are in the facility)
• Present illness (PQRST of current illness)
• Perception of health
• Past medical history (including medications, allergies, and vaccinations and immunizations)
• Family medical history
• Review of systems
• Developmental considerations
• Cultural considerations
• Psychosocial considerations
• Presence or absence of collaborative resources (community, family, groups, and healthcare system)
2. Objective Data—Physical Exam Components to Be Included
During the lab experiences, you will conduct a series of physical exams that includes the following systems.
Keep notes on each part of the physical exam as you complete them to reference as you write the paper.
Refer to the course textbook for detailed components of each system exam. Remember, assessment of the integumentary system is an integral part of the physical exam and should be included throughout each system.
o HEENT (head, eyes, ears, nose, and throat)
o Neck (including thyroid and lymph chains)
o Respiratory system
o Cardiovascular system
o Neurological system
o Gastrointestinal system
o Musculoskeletal system
o peripheral vascular system
Writing Style and Format
Your writing should reflect your synthesis of ideas based on prior knowledge, newly acquired information, and appropriate writing skills. Scoring of your written communication is based on proper use of grammar, spelling, and APA sixth-edition formatting, as well as how clearly your thoughts and reasoning are expressed in writing.
Using Microsoft Word, create a double-spaced document. The paper should be formatted according to APA sixth-edition guidelines for the title page, running head, and reference page. The use of headings is required for this paper. All portions of this assignment should be included within the paper, including the reflection.
1. Begin by writing one to two paragraphs describing the individual’s stated condition of health medications and allergies. Also, include any of the following information that may be pertinent: demographic data, perception of health, past medical history, vaccinations and immunizations, family medical history, review of systems, developmental considerations, cultural considerations, psychosocial considerations, and the presence or absence of resources from the community, family, groups, or the healthcare system.
2. Write one paragraph describing the physical assessment findings, ensuring proper terminology is used to describe any abnormal or unusual findings.
3. Write one paragraph discussing (1) the rationale for the selection of the health teaching topics and (2) how the findings in the scholarly articles (identified in the needs assessment portion of the assignment and properly cited) were used to develop the health teaching topics to promote the individual’s health and wellness status.
4. Write one paragraph discussing (1) how the interrelationships of physiological, developmental, cultural, and psychosocial considerations will influence, assist, or become barriers to the effectiveness of the proposed health education and (2) a description of the impact of the individual’s strengths (personal, family, and friends) and collaborative resources (clinical, community, and health and wellness resources) on the proposed teaching.
5. Write one paragraph describing your reflection of this assignment from a holistic point of view. Consider the following areas: Include the environment, your approach to the individual, time of day, and other features relevant to therapeutic communication and to the interview process. You may find your textbook helpful in providing a description of therapeutic communication and of the interview process. Be certain to address the questions listed above in the reflection instructions.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now