, lawyers need to rely on case law to support the outcome they are asking the court take. Lawyers will often “brief” a case to obtain a better understanding of the case. In other words, lawyers will use a specific format to outline the most important points in a court’s decision. This activity will also assist you in understanding the cases discussed in this class.
• Listen to the oral arguments in the Olympic Airways v. Husain case. Read about the case.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
• Read about how to brief a case.
• Using the template provided, complete a “brief” about the case, including the
o Who are the parties to the case?
o What is the citation of the case?
o What are the basic facts of the case?
o What Mr. Husain’s estate argue?
o What did Olympic Air argue?
o What did the court decide?
o Did the court apply statutory law, case law or both in reaching its decision?
• Use APA format for non-legal sources such as the textbook. Use Bluebook citation format for any legal citations.
o Include the resource to the case and oral arguments.
o You do not need to use any sources other than your text and the audio
recording of the oral arguments.
• Submit a Word document using the case brief template.