N4465 Care of Vulnerable Populations
COMMUNITY ASSESSMENT, ANALYSIS, and NURSING INTERVENTION
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Modules 1-3 (Weeks 1 – 3) Assignment Template
Use of the Three-Part Course Template
● The use of the three-part template to submit weekly Major Course Paper Assignments goes as follows:
● Week 2: Statistical Analysis of Community Health Problem . Complete the Second Section of the course template and submit. (Keep this section attached to Weeks 1 and 3 assignments.)
● Module 2 (Week 2) Part Two: Statistical Analysis of Community Health Problem
Please complete the following information on this template. If you do not use this template there will be a 10-point grade penalty per assignment, and you will be required to resubmit within 48 hrs. You may increase the size of the block by continuing to type. Use as much space as necessary to provide your answers
Name of Community or Zip Code: 11235
Instructions : Enter your response in each category marked below. Provide objective, statistical support for your subjective findings.
● Include all the data listed in the Objective Data Criteria listed below.
● Add supplemental data as needed for your community.
● All statistical data must be reported in NARRATIVE form only . Tables and graphs will not be accepted.
● Compare objective data for your community with local (city), state, and national data.
You may increase the size of the block by continuing to type. Use as much space as necessary to provide your answers
General Objective Data Criteria for the Community-at-Large
1. Demographics: Total population; age distribution; gender distribution; family characteristics (single parent, multi-family, etc.). Remember compare objective data for your community with local (city), state, and national data. Remember to cite sources as appropriate.
2. Racial/Ethnic Characteristics: Remember compare objective data for your community with local (city), state, and national data. Remember to cite sources as appropriate.
3. Economy: poverty rate, unemployment rates, median income. Remember compare objective data for your community with local (city), state, and national data. Remember to cite sources as appropriate.
4. Education: High school completion rates; higher education statistics. Remember compare objective data for your community with local (city), state, and national data. Remember to cite sources as appropriate.
5. Identify two Morbidity and Mortality/Risk Problems: (Based on your observations from Week 1 subjective assignment, windshield survey and key informants provide Morbidity, Mortality (M&M) and risk data for your community… Example 1: if you observed obesity in your community then present obesity rates and health conditions associated with obesity [i.e. CVD, HD, Depression, etc.). Example 2: smoking/drinking rates and health conditions associated with smoking [i.e. Lung Cancer, COPD, etc]. These variables may include the following: gender (who does this problem affect the most, men or women); age distribution; ethnicity or racial group(s) mostly-affected; morbidity and mortality rates; any data related to life-expectancy in light of the health issues; is there a geographic area where the health problems mainly exist; is there a relationship between the health issue(s) and environmental health hazards; are these life-threatening health issues? Remember compare objective data for your community with local (city), state, and national data. Remember to cite sources as appropriate.
6. Other data as needed (air, water quality, crimes rates). Remember compare objective data for your community with local (city), state, and national data. Remember to cite sources as appropriate.
Analysis of Data
1. Based on your subjective and objective review of your findings, what conclusions have you arrived at? Remember to cite sources as appropriate.
· What impressions from your subjective observations were unfounded/invalid?
· Given the objective data , what impressions were validated/substantiated?
· What cause-and-effect relationships did you discover/identify?
2. Problem Analysis for Community/Zip Code:
Problem: List two (2) problems within your community (for example, Infant Malnutrition, CVD, Lung Cancer, Obesity, Alcoholism, Violence) NOTE: These problems need to be something the Community Health Nurse can impact (for example, a CHN cannot build a sidewalk, repair a street, implement a new bus route, etc.). Remember to cite sources as appropriate.
Select one of these problems and complete the Problem Analysis chart
|Problem Correlates*||Relationship of Correlate to Problem||Data Supportive of Relationship +|
|Ex. Inadequate diet
||Ex. Diets lacking in required nutrients contribute to malnutrition
||Ex. All infants and children seen at the local Public Health Clinic are referred to the nutritionist because of poor diets (X.Y. personal communication, date). Of infants measured, 60% were in the lower percent for their weight/height (X report, date).
*These are factors that contribute to problem and outcomes.
+ Refer to appropriate sections of the database and relevant research of the findings in current literature. Data in the third column could be local, state, or national statistics.
3. Community Health Nursing Diagnoses:
Based on your subjective and objective assessment findings above for both Weeks 1 and 2, write TWO priority community health nursing diagnoses.
You must use this format for correctly writing a CH nursing diagnosis (do NOT use NANDA): *RISK OF AMONG RELATED TO
Health *Risk/problem of (specific injury, illness, or potential of, complication of, etc) Among (specific population) Related to (supporting evidence from your assessment findings).
· Your CHN Diagnoses MUST be something that a community/public health nurse can do something about. See example below.
· Note: Poverty is NOT a CHN diagnosis.
· Remember do NOT use NANDA Nursing Diagnoses.
For example: Risk of asthma complications among children in SE Dallas County related to observations of overcrowded living conditions, lack of public transportation (may result in inability to access health care), high number of animals observed living in homes, poverty indications (may result in lack of access to medications).
Community Health Nursing Diagnosis #1
Community Health Nursing Diagnosis #2
Module 3 (Week 3) Part Three: Community Health Nursing Intervention
Directions: Please complete the following information on this template. If you do not use this template there will be a 10- point grade penalty per assignment, and you will be required to resubmit within 48 hrs. You may increase the size of the block by continuing to type. Use as much space as necessary to provide your answers
Introduction: Purpose of the paper, synopsis of community, two CHN diagnoses with supporting evidence, for example, observations, reports from Key Informants and Statistical data. Remember to cite sources as appropriate.
Based on the 2 CHN Diagnoses you developed in Assignment 2 or modified, select ONE problem and develop a CH Nursing intervention. Remember to cite sources as appropriate.
1. CHN Diagnosis/Problem you selected:
2. Why did you select this problem? Provide your rational for selecting this problem in 1-2 comprehensive paragraphs (Consider the problem priority criterion on page 417 Box 18-5). Provide supporting community and scientific/authoritative evidence, for example, Healthy People 2020, CDC, AHA, other. Remember to cite sources as appropriate.
3. Identify two (2) Goals. For example, goals indicate where you want to go.
Then, identify two to three (2-3) objectives per goal. For example, objectives should indicate how you plan to get there, or how you plan to accomplish the goal(s).
|Goal 1 :
4. Intervention Objectives Timeline
Under Interventions you should have an intervention for EACH objective you list (if you have 4 objectives then you should list 4 interventions; if you have 6 objectives (3 for each goal), then 6 interventions). You can insert rows into that table to accommodate if needed. If one intervention addressed more than one objective, you must make it clear in your paper. See the example in the table.
|Present Date||Objective( Number and Statement)||Anticipated Completion Date|
|Enter Date||Ex. Eighty-percent (80%) of infants seen by health department, neighborhood health center, and private physicians will have developmental levels assessed.||Enter Date|
Refer to textbook for additional examples.
5. Plan of Intervention and Evaluation
|Date||Intervention Activities||Responsible Agency/Person||Evaluation Measures||Target Date of Completion|
|Enter start date.||Ex. Community Health Nurse identifies and trains lay advisors in community as case finders||Ex. Community Health Nurse
|Ex. • Lay advisors will be able to verbally describe case-finding methods to CHN
• Number of new WIC cases will be tracked by CHN on monthly basis for 1 year to determine if goal of 80% has been met
|Ex. Lay advisor training completed by
enter date of estimated completion.
Summary/Conclusion: Summarize your assessment findings, your proposed community health nursing intervention, and the community public health outcomes that you anticipate as a result of the intervention. This can be one or two brief paragraphs. Remember to cite sources as appropriate.