A. “The percentage of American Adults who are obese has risen particularly rapidly in the past half century. In 1960, the obesity rate of U.S. adults ages 20 to 74 was 13.4 percent. That has risen to 35.7 percent today.”
B. Obesity is detrimental to a person’s health and some people don’t even know the cause of obesity or even the effects.
C. Obesity is an epidemic that is linked to major health problems caused by social economic problems, unhealthy dietary habits, and lack of daily exercise.
II. The Cause of Obesity
A. How is obesity classified?
1. CDC calculates obesity by body mass index (BMI), a person’s weight and height.
2. Four BMI classification/ categories, underweight, normal, overweight, and obesity.
B. Poor dietary decision
1. People eat what they want and not realize the implication of the food they consume.
2. Accessible and convenient process food
C. Lack of daily exercise
1. If your daily food intake is more than what you burn, gaining weight will be evident.
2. Being active will have the same benefit as exercising, such as playing sports.
III. Health Issues Caused by Obesity
A. Hypoventilation, Sleep Apnea, and Hypoxia
1. Breathing issues
2. Lack of oxygen to body tissues
B. Type 2 diabetes
1. Resistance to insulin, the hormone that regulates blood sugar.
2. Cardiovascular issues which is the early cause death for those with diabetes.
4. Kidney failure
5. Heart attack.
6. One effect of a stroke is being paralyzed and having muscle spasms.
IV. Social Economic Problems
A. Low income family.
1. Process food which is cheaper compared to whole food.
2. Genetically enhance food and fast food are readily available and affordable.
V. Preventing or Reversing Obesity
B. Knowing what to eat
3. Not listening to fads and quick dietary results.
4. Changing life style and habits.
C. There is no such thing as a miracle weight loss diet supplements
1. Hydroxycut is dangerous and unhealthy.
2. Liquid drinks that are meal replacements.
D. Knowing the right exercise
1. Take baby steps and identify what you can and cannot do.
2. Create a realistic goal.
A. Obesity is an epidemic that is linked to major health problems caused by social economic problems, unhealthy dietary habits, and lack of daily exercise.
B. Obesity is linked to many health issues. Knowledge, exercise, and eating the right food can prevent or reverse obesity. Changing one’s life style and habit is the first step to battling a disease that can be prevented.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now