Paper #1 focuses on textual analysis, synthesis of ideas from two sources, argument, and evidence. This assignment aims to assure that you can conduct a careful, thoughtful analysis of a literary work, including the integration of conceptual material from a second source. Specifically, you will analyze selected aspects of Ursula K. Le Guin’s A Wizard of Earthsea in conjunction with at least one passage from her version of Lao Tzu’s Tao te Ching. Le Guin has acknowledged the profound influence of Taoism on her work, and you will explore aspects of this influence in your analysis.
1. Read Le Guin’s A Wizard of Earthsea, noting the themes, ideas, or passages that resonate most with you.
2. Next, reread Le Guin’s version of Lao Tzu’s Tao te Ching, and identify one or more numbered passages that best relate to the aspects of Wizard that you previously noted. Try to specify a Taoist theme or concept that will help you illuminate Wizard.
3. Develop a thesis bearing of the relation of Taoism to A Wizard of Earthsea.
4. Compose a 3–4 page paper that explores this relation, defends your thesis, and includes supporting textual analysis for all of your main interpretive points. You should discuss at least one numbered passage from Lao Tzu, in addition to whatever aspects of Wizard you choose to explore.
5. Make sure you support your analysis and central claims with properly documented quotations, paraphrases, or textual references.
6. Carefully edit and proofread your essay prior to submission.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Lao-Tzu. Tao te Ching (version by Ursula K. Le Guin; ISBN-13: 978-1570623950)
Le Guin, Ursula K. A Wizard of Earthsea (ISBN-13: 978-0547773742)