Religious Discrimination: Reasonable Accommodations
[WLOs3] [CLOs: 1, 2]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Review the You Be the Judge – Religious Discrimination: Dress Code Flips Burger Joint videos: Case Argument (Links to an external site.), Defendant Profile (Links to an external site.), Plaintiff Profile (Links to an external site.), Defendant Reaction (Links to an external site.), Plaintiff Reaction (Links to an external site.).
- Review the cases: EEOC v. Alamo Rent-A-Car LLC, 432 F. Supp. 2d 1006 (D. Ariz. 2006), Tiano v. Dillards Dept. Stores, Inc., 139 F.3d 679 (9th Cir. 1998), and Cloutier v. Costco Wholesale Corp., 390 F.3d 126, 136 (1st Cir. 2004).
- Review Chapter 51 of the course textbook.
Assume the role of the judge in the Dress Code Flips Burger Joint case. Analyze the legal issues presented by the parties and state how you would rule on each of the issues presented. Remember that your ruling should be based on your legal analysis and not on your own personal views. Use the IRAC method to apply the law to the facts and reach a legal conclusion based on your analysis.
Your legal analysis should
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Determine whether Mr. Johnson discriminated against Ms. Djarra based on religion.
- Discuss whether Mr. Johnson offered reasonable accommodations to Ms. Djarra.
- Identify the amount and type of damages to be awarded, if any.
The Religious Discrimination – Reasonable Accommodations analysis
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Should follow the IRAC method introduced in Week 1.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Utilize correct APA formatting for legal sources include case law and legislation. See the Citing Legal Sources (Links to an external site.) resource from the Ashford University Library as well as the Citing Legal Materials in APA Style (Links to an external site.) from the University Library of California State University, Stanislaus for assistance.
- Avoid over-dependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.